Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is a collagen membrane possessing the same biological properties as Geistlich Bio-Gide® with two modified attributes: the smoothened upper surface slows absorption of moisture and lengthens the time available for exact positioning; the firmer material facilitates cutting when dry, making it optimal for guided tissue regeneration.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is thanks to its modified surface easy to handle…
…and due to the included template easy to shape.
Rectangular-form for general use in defects, U-form for mesial or distal intraosseous defects, H-form for interproximal defects, Apron-form for dehiscence and recession defects.
Higher pocket depth reduction with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® compared to open flap debridement.
Higher clinical attachment level gain with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® compared to open flap debridement.
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio:
- Guided tissue regeneration with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen leads to sustained higher clinical attachment level gain and pocket depth reduction than open flap debridement alone.
- Histologic studies show not only new cementum and bone formation, but also new periodontal ligament in intrabony defects treated with Geistlich products.
- Slower uptake of moisture prolongs the time available for exact positioning.
- Firmer material facilitates cutting when dry.
- Multiple sterile template forms fit a wide range of periodontal defects.
Modified structure with improved handling and customised templates
Due to modified material attributes and convenient templates, Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio optimally responds to the needs of periodontal surgery.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is simple to handle and simple to shape. The modified structure lengthens available working time.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is simple to handle:
- Choose the appropriate form from the four standard perforated sterile periodontal templates.
- Cut membrane to shape using prepared template overlapping the defect margins by 3 mm.
- Apply dry membrane with the rough side facing the defect.
- Moisten in situ, membrane will adhere well.
- Do not implant the templates.
Templates: Sterile templates in multiple forms have been included to fit a wide range of periodontal defect shapes: H-form for interproximal defects, U-form for mesial or distal intraosseous defects, apron-form for dehiscence and recession defects and recession defects and rectangular-form for general use in defects.
Adjusting to the defect size.
Apply dry – moisten in situ (courtesy of Prof. Christgau, Dusseldorf, Germany).
Fixation: Excellent hydrophilicity promotes Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio adhesion to the graft and surrounding bone. The membrane may also be sutured or used with pins (courtesy of Prof. Christgau, Dusseldorf, Germany).
The membrane is available in one size combined with four periodontal basic shape templates
- 16 x 22 mm with four sterile templates
and in a combination package with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen
- Perio-System Combi-Pack (Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio 16 x 22 mm with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen