Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is a collagen membrane possessing the same biological properties as Geistlich Bio-Gide® with two modified attributes: the smoothened upper surface slows absorption of moisture and lengthens the time available for exact positioning; the firmer material facilitates cutting when dry, making it optimal for guided tissue regeneration.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is thanks to its modified surface easy to handle…
…and due to the included template easy to shape.
Rectangular-form for general use in defects, U-form for mesial or distal intraosseous defects, H-form for interproximal defects, Apron-form for dehiscence and recession defects.
Higher pocket depth reduction with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® compared to open flap debridement.
Higher clinical attachment level gain with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® compared to open flap debridement.
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio:
- Guided tissue regeneration with Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio and Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen leads to sustained higher clinical attachment level gain and pocket depth reduction than open flap debridement alone.
- Histologic studies show not only new cementum and bone formation, but also new periodontal ligament in intrabony defects treated with Geistlich products.
- Slower uptake of moisture prolongs the time available for exact positioning.
- Firmer material facilitates cutting when dry.
- Multiple sterile template forms fit a wide range of periodontal defects.
Modified structure with improved handling and customised templates
Due to modified material attributes and convenient templates, Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio optimally responds to the needs of periodontal surgery.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is simple to handle and simple to shape. The modified structure lengthens available working time.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio is simple to handle:
- Choose the appropriate form from the four standard perforated sterile periodontal templates.
- Cut membrane to shape using prepared template overlapping the defect margins by 3 mm.
- Apply dry membrane with the rough side facing the defect.
- Moisten in situ, membrane will adhere well.
- Do not implant the templates.
Templates: Sterile templates in multiple forms have been included to fit a wide range of periodontal defect shapes: H-form for interproximal defects, U-form for mesial or distal intraosseous defects, apron-form for dehiscence and recession defects and recession defects and rectangular-form for general use in defects.
Adjusting to the defect size.
Apply dry – moisten in situ (courtesy of Prof. Christgau, Dusseldorf, Germany).
Fixation: Excellent hydrophilicity promotes Geistlich Bio-Gide® Perio adhesion to the graft and surrounding bone. The membrane may also be sutured or used with pins (courtesy of Prof. Christgau, Dusseldorf, Germany).