Geistlich Bio-Oss® is the leading natural bone substitute in regenerative dentistry worldwide. The outstanding osteo-conductive properties of Geistlich Bio-Oss® lead to effective and predictable bone regeneration. Geistlich Bio-Oss® particles become an integral part of the newly formed bone framework and preserve volume over the long term. Subsequent application of a Geistlich Bio-Gide® collagen membrane enables undisturbed regeneration in the augmented area.
In the 1980s, Dr. Peter Geistlich was the first to remove organic components from bone material without changing the natural microstructure and bone composition. Nowadays, Geistlich Bio-Oss® is regarded as the state-of-the-art bone substitute in dental bone regeneration – meeting the requirement from clinicians for predictable outcomes.
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Bio-Oss® because:
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® augmented bone leads to high implant survival rates, comparable with implants placed in pristine bone.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easy to apply and can be used in the most varied indications.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is validated by 30 years of successful use and testing, documented in more than 900 scientific publications.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® delivers excellent handling and provides reproducible quality in daily clinical use.
- Before application, Geistlich Bio-Oss® is mixed with autogenous blood or a saline solution. Its hydrophilic properties promote rapid and complete hydration.
- Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easily modelled and adheres optimally to the walls of the defect site.
- Excessive compression should be avoided in order to leave room for new bone ingrowth.
- Subsequent application of a collagen membrane such as Geistlich Bio-Gide® enables unimpeded bone regeneration.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® is mixed in a container with blood from the defect or with saline solution. The particles adhere very well to one another.
Geistlich Bio-Oss® is easily modeled. Excessive compression should be avoided in order to leave room for new bone ingrowth.
Application of Geistlich Bio-Gide® on top of the graft enables unimpeded bone regeneration.
small granules (0,25-1mm) 0,25g/0,5 cm3
small granules (0,25-1mm) 0,5g/1 cm3
small granules (0,25-1mm) 1g/2 cm3
small granules (0,25-1mm) 2g/4 cm3
large granules (1-2mm) 0,5g/1,5 cm3
large granules (1-2mm) 1g/3 cm3
large granules (1-2mm) 2g/6 cm3