Geistlich Mucograft® Seal
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a ready-to-use matrix with a convenient circular shape. The matrix provides an alternative to soft-tissue grafts. Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is indicated for the sealing of extraction sockets with preserved buccal walls in combination with Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen in ridge preservation procedures. The matrix establishes predictable dimensions for soft-tissue management.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal consists of two structures: the compact structure provides stability while allowing open healing; the spongy structure supports blood clot stabilisation and ingrowth of soft-tissue cells.
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Mucograft® Seal:
- Minimal invasion.
- No harvest site morbidity.
- Creates predictable soft-tissue dimensions for later soft-tissue management and allows for flexible timing of implant placement.
- Early implant placement possible 8-10 weeks after extraction.
- Reduced surgical chair-time compared with autogenous grafts.
- Faster soft-tissue wound healing compared with autogenous grafts.
- Natural soft-tissue colour and texture match.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a small round matrix designed to seal sockets with preserved buccal walls following ridge preservation.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is easy to handle:
- No need for pre-treatment or pre-hydration.
- De-epithelialise adjacent soft-tissue margins before applying Geistlich Mucograft® Seal, thus promoting soft-tissue cell migration into the matrix.
- Position the compact structure facing outwards and the spongy structure towards the extraction socket.
- Suture using non-resorbable sutures, not glue.
- Close adaptation of the matrix to tissue borders can be accomplished by single interrupted sutures, double interrupted sutures or cross sutures.
Ready to use: Direct from the blister to the defect without pre-treatment or pre-hydration.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal does not require pre-hydration or washing. It should be handled and applied in a dry state.
Before applying Geistlich Mucograft® Seal, adjacent soft-tissue margins should be de-epithelialised. This allows soft-tissue cells to migrate from the soft-tissue boarder into the matrix.
Orientation of Geistlich Mucograft® Seal: The compact structure of the matrix should face outwards and the spongy structure towards the extraction socket. Geistlich Mucograft® Seal spongeous structure is striped for easier differentiation of the two sides.
The close adaptation of the device to tissue boarders can be accomplished by single interrupted sutures…
…double interrupted sutures…
…or cross sutures.
Geistlich Mucograft® Seal is a porcine collagen matrix for soft-tissue regeneration in extraction sockets.
It is available in a convenient circular form:
- Geistlich Mucograft® Seal 8 mm diameter collagen matrix