Geistlich Bio-Gide® is the leading collagen membrane for oral tissue regeneration. Due to its bilayer structure, the membrane not only prevents ingrowth of soft tissue into the augmented site, but also acts as a guide for the appropriate cascade of bone, soft tissue and blood vessel development. Geistlich Bio-Gide® is used in combination with a bone substitute such as Geistlich Bio-Oss® or Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® is naturally resorbable and does not have to be removed in a second surgery. As it simplifies the operation technique, and thanks to its remarkable wound healing properties, Geistlich Bio-Gide® has fundamentally changed dental bone regeneration.
In the 1990s, Dr. Peter Geistlich was the first to develop a natural collagen membrane that optimally meets the requirements for regenerative dentistry. Meanwhile Geistlich Bio-Gide® is the leading collagen membrane, validated by 20 years of successful use in more than two million patients and documented in more than 250 scientific publications.
Leading clinicians rely on Geistlich Bio-Gide® for:
- Very good tissue integration and strongly enhanced bone regeneration compared to using only a bone substitute.
- Native collagen structure leads to fewer dehiscence compared with other available membranes.
- Simplified surgery without removal of the membrane.
- Aesthetically stable results after 5-9 years.
- Long-term data over 12 to 14 years shows predictable results of GBR treatments with Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Gide®.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® should always be used with a bone graft substitute, such as Geistlich Bio-Oss® or Geistlich Bio-Oss® Collagen. Application of Geistlich Bio-Gide® membrane is easy:
- Measure the defect with a periodontal probe.
- Cut the dry collagen membrane to the desired shape and size.
- Apply dry with the rough side facing the defect.
- Moisten the membrane in situ with blood from the defect.
The membrane may be sutured or fixed with pins, but this is unnecessary in most cases due to its marked hydrophilic and adhesive properties.
After measuring the defect (e.g. with a sterile aluminium foil or periodontal probe), the dry Geistlich Bio-Gide® is cut to the desired shape.
Geistlich Bio-Gide® is applied dry (rough side facing towards the defect) and is only moistened with blood from the defect region when it is in situ.
Excellent hydrophilicity promotes Geistlich Bio-Gide® adhesion to the graft and surrounding bone. The membrane may also be sutured or used with pins.
(Picture by courtesy of Prof. Daniel Buser, Bern, Switzerland)
13 x 25 mm
25 x 25 mm
30 x 40 mm